Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Inspiration :)

This morning while reading my scriptures I was inspired. I started asking myself a lot of questions about the wording of the scriptures, the meaning of specific words, etc. Then I thought, I wish there was some way that I could keep track of all these questions in one place. I wonder if I could find a job opportunity or somewhere I could analyze scriptures for a living? Then I thought, why don't I start out with a blog? Perfect! Every time I have a question about a scripture, I'll analyze it, research it, and post it on my blog!

I'm an Editing minor and the classes within the minor have really changed the way I think about and analyze texts. I would love to be a scriptorian in the LDS church. I think a blog is the perfect start. I'll expand to this blog weekly, if not daily, as I really sit down and analyze the scriptures.

My ultimate goal is to come closer to Christ. The only way we can come back to Him is by following His example in faith, and what better way to get to know His example by studying His life in the scriptures? I'm very excited to get started with this blog, and I hope that readers find it useful and interesting. The scriptures rock!!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool, I wanna do this. Wonderful content by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let me know if you have any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete